Shire has a long history of supporting patient advocacy organizations. We work hand in hand with patient advocacy organizations to focus our efforts on the following imperatives:
- Making a difference and bringing value to patients, patient organizations and Shire
- Fostering and sustaining relationships with patient advocacy organizations
- Championing the patient voice within Shire
- Being transparent in communications and business practices
- Continuously demonstrating integrity, ethics and compassion
- Working together to positively impact the healthcare environment
Our Patient Advocacy team acts as a voice within Shire, helping colleagues better understand a patient’s unique needs, and ensuring the patient perspective is always represented. In doing so, our patient advocates help their colleagues truly understand the burden of disease – the emotional, financial and day-to-day challenges that patients, caregivers, and families encounter.
We partner with patient advocacy organizations to support patient communities in a number of ways -- from disease education, to clinical trial awareness, to representing Shire in patient conferences. More than anything, we are working together to forge opportunities for better care, and to make a difference in the lives of patients and caregivers.
Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org