Glassdoor and our other social media channels aim to support, educate, create engagement with and motivate patients, healthcare practitioners, caregivers, as well as media, investors and job seekers. It’s our priority to be accurate, authentic and honest online and discuss topics that are important to you; we appreciate your feedback and engagement with our channels.
If you choose to engage with us on the Shire Glassdoor page, which we highly encourage, you are agreeing to abide by these Shire Glassdoor Community Engagement Guidelines, which apply in addition to the Glassdoor Terms and Conditions. Our Glassdoor page is English speaking only.
1. Engage on Topic and Be Respectful
We’ve created a positive and thoughtful community online. Please be respectful of everyone participating online and remain on topic in relation to what the Shire Glassdoor page is discussing. If you do not, we reserve the right reject or remove comments.
If you have a question or comment that is off topic, such as surrounding specific products, therapies, business opportunities or donations, please contact us.
2. Legal and Regulatory Topics
Shire is a public company in a highly regulated industry and subject to specific rules surrounding how we can communicate with the public. As such, we cannot engage on sensitive topics and we may not be able to always address your comments or questions directly on Glassdoor.
Because of regulations, discussions need to remain on-topic and constructive. Please refrain from posting comments or content that includes/discusses the following as they may conflict with these regulations and deleted:
- Products made by Shire or other pharmaceutical companies (this includes making claims about a product, “off-label”, or unapproved uses of products)
- Health or medical advice
- False or misleading information
- Third-party property that is copyright protected or trade-marked, unless previously approved by party involved
- Proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information
- Information plagiarized from another source
- Photos and/or videos, including those depicting individuals, unless the photographer (and, where applicable, the depicted individual, and if the depicted individual is a child, the child’s parent’s or legal guardian) or videographer have expressly consented to such use
- The names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s), such as an address, phone number, social insurance number, license plate number, hometown, school, etc., unless those individuals have expressly consented to such use
- The names, photographs, voices or other likeness of celebrities, either living or dead, whether favorable or unfavorable
- Inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products)
- Predatory conduct towards minors
- Threats, libel, slander or defamation of character
- Inappropriate or “off color” statements
- Text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, vulgar, offensive, provocative or pornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity of any kind
- Links to other websites
- Advertising, posts that are commercial in nature, or spam
- Software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site
- Posts that don’t follow Glassdoor’s User Agreement
3. Medical and Professional Advice
While our authors who manage the Shire Glassdoor page have knowledge on the topics posted, we are only posting information and not professional or medical advice.
If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects from a Shire product or therapy, or if you need medical or professional advice, please contact your physician or healthcare practitioner. You can also report suspected side effects to email@example.com.
4. We Love Your Posts, So We May Use Them
When you engage or post on our Glassdoor page, you give us the right to use your ideas or posts freely by us in anyway including the media. Therefore, do not post anything private or confidential, including an idea that you wish to keep private and/or wish to receive compensation for, as we do not and will not compensate you.
5. Using and Storing Personal Identifying Information
6. Third Party Activities
Shire does not endorse third party activities on Glassdoor, whether through engagement or not, unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing. In particular, Shire may decide to feature select posts published by third parties. Such engagement is in no case to be considered as an endorsement of the accounts or of their activities. Shire is in no case to be held responsible of the activity of the Glassdoor accounts from which it selects posts to engage or comment through Shire accounts.
Updates from the Shire Glassdoor page may contain links to websites and other contents that are not owned or controlled by Shire. Shire has no way of controlling the content of these third party sites which remain totally independent of Shire.
In addition, the posting of a link by Shire towards a third party’s website or content shall in no case be considered as an endorsement of such content or website and Shire shall in no case be held responsible of any use to which such content or website may be put.
7. Additional Considerations
If you are a minor in your jurisdiction (but at least 13), please do not post your comment without the knowledge and permission of a parent or legal guardian
If you are an adult, and your post contains the name or likeness of a minor, you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor
Your comments, responses, or other postings may also be submitted to law enforcement if we have a good belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to detect and prevent fraud or to protect the safety of the public or an individual
Overall, we want to engage with you and hope to foster discussion on our page. So please follow our guidelines so we can continue creating an inspiring community.