Recommended offer (the "Offer") for Shire plc (“Shire”) by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”)
ACCESS TO THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE RESTRICTED UNDER SECURITIES LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS. THIS NOTICE REQUIRES YOU TO CONFIRM CERTAIN MATTERS (INCLUDING THAT YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN SUCH A JURISDICTION), BEFORE YOU MAY OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION (AS DEFINED BELOW) IN THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT DIRECTED AT OR INTENDED TO BE ACCESSIBLE BY PERSONS RESIDENT IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OR REGULATIONS OF THAT JURISDICTION OR WOULD RESULT IN A REQUIREMENT TO COMPLY WITH ANY FORMALITY WHICH SHIRE REGARDS AS UNDULY ONEROUS (A “RESTRICTED JURISDICTION”).
THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE CONTAINS ANNOUNCEMENTS, DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION (THE"INFORMATION") PUBLISHED BY SHIRE RELATING TO THE OFFER IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CITY CODE ON TAKEOVERS AND MERGERS (THE"CODE"). THE INFORMATION IS BEING MADE AVAILABLE IN GOOD FAITH AND FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY, AND ITS AVAILABILITY IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW.
Access to the Information
If you would like to view this section of the website, please read this notice carefully. This notice applies to all persons who view the Information contained in this section of the website and, depending on where you are located, may affect your rights or responsibilities. Shire reserves the right to amend or update this notice at any time and you should, therefore, read it in full each time you visit this section of the website. In addition, the contents of this section of the website may be amended at any time, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Shire.
To allow you to view information about the Offer, you must read this notice and then click "ACCEPT". If you are unable to agree, you should click "DECLINE" and you will not be able to view information about the Offer.
The Information contained in this section of the website does not constitute an offer to sell or otherwise dispose of, or an invitation or solicitation of any offer to purchase or subscribe for, any securities pursuant to the Offer or otherwise in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful. The Offer would be made solely by means of an offer or scheme document which would contain the full terms and conditions of such Offer, including details on how it may be accepted. Any decision made in relation to the Offer should be made solely and only on the basis of the information provided in any such document.
This Information is not directed at or intended to be accessible by persons resident in any Restricted Jurisdiction.
Viewing the Information you are seeking to access may be restricted under securities laws in certain jurisdictions. All persons resident outside of the United Kingdom (the “UK”) who wish to view the Information contained in this section of the website must first satisfy themselves that they are not subject to any local requirements which prohibit or restrict them from doing so and should inform themselves about, and observe, any legal or regulatory requirements applicable in their jurisdiction.
YOU SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD, MAIL, FORWARD, DISTRIBUTE, SEND OR SHARE THE INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE TO OR WITH ANY PERSON. IN PARTICULAR, YOU SHOULD NOT MAIL, FORWARD, DISTRIBUTE OR SEND THE INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE TO ANY RESTRICTED JURISDICTION.
This section of the website contains Information that has been prepared for the purposes of complying with English law and the Code and the Information disclosed may not be the same as that which would have been disclosed if this Information had been prepared in accordance with the laws and regulations of any jurisdiction outside of England and Wales.
It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the full observance of any relevant laws and regulatory requirements. If you are in any doubt, you should not continue to seek to access this section of the website.
The Information (including information incorporated by reference) and documents in this section of the website may contain statements which are, or may be deemed to be, "forward-looking statements".
All statements in this section of the website that are not historical facts, including without limitation statements concerning future strategy, plans, objectives, expectations and intentions, projected revenues, the anticipated timing of clinical trials and approvals for, and the commercial potential of, inline or pipeline products, are forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties and are subject to change at any time. In the event such risks or uncertainties materialize, Shire's results could be materially adversely affected. The risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Shire's products may not be a commercial success;
- increased pricing pressures and limits on patient access as a result of governmental regulations and market developments may affect Shire's future revenues, financial condition and results of operations;
- Shire depends on third parties to supply certain inputs and services critical to its operations including certain inputs, services and ingredients critical to its manufacturing processes. Any disruption to the supply chain for any of Shire's products may result in Shire being unable to continue marketing or developing a product or may result in Shire being unable to do so on a commercially viable basis for some period of time;
- the manufacture of Shire's products is subject to extensive oversight by various regulatory agencies. Regulatory approvals or interventions associated with changes to manufacturing sites, ingredients or manufacturing processes could lead to, among other things, significant delays, an increase in operating costs, lost product sales, an interruption of research activities or the delay of new product launches;
- the nature of producing plasma-based therapies may prevent Shire from timely responding to market forces and effectively managing its production capacity;
- Shire has a portfolio of products in various stages of research and development. The successful development of these products is highly uncertain and requires significant expenditures and time, and there is no guarantee that these products will receive regulatory approval;
- the actions of certain customers could affect Shire's ability to sell or market products profitably. Fluctuations in buying or distribution patterns by such customers can adversely affect Shire's revenues, financial conditions or results of operations;
- failure to comply with laws and regulations governing the sales and marketing of its products could materially impact Shire's revenues and profitability;
- Shire's products and product candidates face substantial competition in the product markets in which it operates, including competition from generics;
- Shire's patented products are subject to significant competition from generics;
- adverse outcomes in legal matters, tax audits and other disputes, including Shire's ability to enforce and defend patents and other intellectual property rights required for its business, could have a material adverse effect on the Shire's revenues, financial condition or results of operations;
- Shire may fail to obtain, maintain, enforce or defend the intellectual property rights required to conduct its business;
- Shire faces intense competition for highly qualified personnel from other companies and organizations;
- failure to successfully execute or attain strategic objectives from Shire's acquisitions and growth strategy may adversely affect the Shire's financial condition and results of operations;
- Shire's growth strategy depends in part upon its ability to expand its product portfolio through external collaborations, which, if unsuccessful, may adversely affect the development and sale of its products;
- a slowdown of global economic growth, or economic instability of countries in which Shire does business, could have negative consequences for Shire's business and increase the risk of non-payment by Shire's customers;
- changes in foreign currency exchange rates and interest rates could have a material adverse effect on Shire's operating results and liquidity;
- Shire is subject to evolving and complex tax laws, which may result in additional liabilities that may adversely affect the Shire's financial condition or results of operations;
- if a marketed product fails to work effectively or causes adverse side effects, this could result in damage to Shire's reputation, the withdrawal of the product and legal action against Shire;
- Shire is dependent on information technology and its systems and infrastructure face certain risks, including from service disruptions, the loss of sensitive or confidential information, cyber-attacks and other security breaches or data leakages that could have a material adverse effect on Shire's revenues, financial condition or results of operations;
- Shire faces risks relating to the expected exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union;
- Shire incurred substantial additional indebtedness to finance the Baxalta acquisition, which has increased its borrowing costs and may decrease its business flexibility;
- Shire's ongoing strategic review of its Neuroscience franchise may distract management and employees and may not lead to improved operating performance or financial results; there can be no guarantee that, once completed, Shire's strategic review will result in any additional strategic changes beyond those that have already been announced; and
a further list and description of risks, uncertainties and other matters can be found in Shire's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and in Shire's subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, in each case including those risks outlined in "ITEM1A: Risk Factors", and in Shire's subsequent reports on Form 8-K and other Securities and Exchange Commission filings, all of which are available on Shire's website.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements that speak only as of the date hereof. Except to the extent otherwise required by applicable law, we do not undertake any obligation to update or revise forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, no statement contained or referred to in this section of the website is intended to be a profit forecast.
In relation to any Offer-related materials accessible in this section of the website please note any statement of responsibility contained therein.
The documents included in this section of the website issued or published by Shire speak only at the specified date of the relevant document and Shire has, and accepts, no responsibility or duty to update or revise such documents.
In relation to any such announcements or other Offer-related materials issued or published by Takeda, or which relate to Takeda and its subsidiaries and subsidiary undertakings, that are accessible on this website, the only responsibility accepted by Shire and its directors is for the correctness and fairness of its reproduction.
None of the directors of Shire, Shire or any of their affiliated companies, has reviewed, and no such person is or shall be responsible for or accepts any liability in respect of, any information contained on any other website which may be linked to or from this section of the website.
If you are in any doubt about the contents of this section of the website or the action you should take, you should seek your own financial advice from an independent financial adviser authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended) or, if you are located outside the UK, from an appropriately authorised independent financial adviser.
This notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Confirmation of understanding and acceptance
- I have read and understood the notice set out above and I agree to be bound by its terms.
- I am not (nor do I act on behalf of someone who is) resident in any country that renders the accessing of the materials on this section of the website or parts thereof illegal.
- I will not print, download, or otherwise seek to copy, mail, forward, distribute or send any of the materials on this website to any other person at any time.
- I represent and warrant to Shire that I intend to access this section of the website for information purposes only.
If you are not able to give these confirmations, you should click on “DECLINE” below.