New ideas, new innovations, new ways of thinking are fueling Shire’s future. Our interns provide diversity of thought, creative thinking and the spirit of innovation which reflect the qualities that are vital to enabling people with life altering conditions lead better lives. Shire welcomes undergraduate and graduate students to explore an internship to gain real-world hands-on work experience in our growing, fast-paced biotech company.
Please see our program requirements below in addition to information on how to apply. Our program is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
Candidates must apply online by March 4, 2016 and meet the following criteria to be considered for our 2016 summer internship program
- Student currently enrolled at an accredited college/university
- Completion of at least undergraduate sophomore year of study prior to internship start date – both undergraduate and graduate students will be considered
- Major required in a field of study that is relevant to the internship
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Able to start on one of the designated start dates
- Students are responsible for identifying their own housing - housing is not provided
Intern Application Process
To view a list of our current openings and to apply online for consideration, please click on the link below.
View all internship openings
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.